The Carpet Shop – Rugs
From bold geometrics to beautiful florals and modern stripes – this unique collection of rugs are works of art for your floor.
Traditional designs with intricate patterning, these classic rugs are packed with attention to detail.
With an exquisitely soft deep pile, our shaggy rug collection provides luxurious comfort and warmth to your home.
What to consider when buying a rug…
There are many issues to consider when buying a rug, from the choice of colour, the feel and touch and design plus the durability. Our Rug range is sourced from all over the world and is designed to bring you the very latest designs in a variety of skilled techniques and rich fibres in a wonderful array of colours.
Why choose Wool …
- Wool is the strongest, most vibrant fibre, and most resilient when walked on.
- Wool adds extra warmth and is a natural product.
- It has a tight woven pile, and most of our wool rugs are either hand woven or hand tufted.
- Wool is soft underfoot and suitable for any living area.
- Wool also has a natural moisture repellency.
Why choose Jute & Natural Fibre …
- Jute and natural fibre is made from plants and grasses, such as seagrass and jute.
- These types of rugs are hard under foot but strong and durable.
- Great for providing organic look and feel to a room.
- They are always the most popular choice for kitchens and hallways.
- The can be brushed or vacuumed.
Why choose Poly & Acrylic …
- Polyester and acrylic comes in a variety of long and short pile heights, with some designs handcarved to create a 3D effect.
- Polyester and acrylic yarns create a soft and warm handle rug.
- The rich and vibrant shades available lend themselves to intricate designs that make a statement piece to any living space.
- Durable, and well-suited for use in high traffic areas around the home.
- Our polyester range include Infinite, Pearl, Verge and Grande Vista.
Why choose Polypropylene …
- Polypropylene is a man-made synthetic fibre that is hardwearing, practical & durable with modern techniques making it incredibly soft and warm to handle.
- Polypropylene rugs are machine loomed with great skill from the machine handlers, and the fibres are renowned for minimal shedding and ideal for high traffic areas.
- Rugs come as both dense pile or in a range of soft shaggy pile.
- Incredible colour combinations and intricate designs can be achieved.
- The edges are bound with thread known as ‘whipping’ creating a neat finish on all designs.
- Durability makes them ideal for any location.
Why choose Nylon …
- Nylon rugs are washable and often with a latex non slip backing nylon rugs really are the kings of durability.
- Easy-care wipe or wash clean.
- Nylon rugs are brightly printed and very durable in fashionable lightweight material and no shedding.
- Ideal for kitchens conservatories, playrooms and any heavy traffic area around the home.